June 1, 2009

Note to self: FOCUS

I truly thought I wouldn't screw up until at least being in the middle of the painting process but, surprise! I forgot about the size of my reference, that I measured, decided on the size and resized it just YESTERDAY, and adjusted it to the right margin, now I have almost an inch of empty paper on the left and nothing on the right, and I don't want to loose those patterns on the right because they add balance, so I guess I'll just have to paint to the edge and crop the extra paper on the left even if that leaves me with a border too even compared to the other three.

And the kanji, I forgot to transfer one kanji! right in the middle of a lantern! FO·CUS TERESA! FOCUS!!! Now that I've taken some time from the painting table to rant I'm ready to continue, maybe I can start applying color today.

Links to the whole of the WIP: step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4, step 5, step 6, step 7, step 8, step 9, step 10, step 11, step 12, step 13, step 14

No comments: