June 23, 2009

Tuesday

And the under coat of all the kanji and prints is finished, in the blink of an eye! I know, I know, it looks horrible lol but it's not really horrible, just in the middle of an ugly stage, the important thing is that I haven't had to do it slow motion, it's wet on wet, it has continuity from shape to shape and finally it looks like it's progressing.



I haven't used masking fluid (nor continued painting yet) around the bases of the lanterns because I won't be using the same method I'm using for the kanji and prints, those bases are big and simple enough to let me work on them my usual way without worrying to much so they'll remain like this until the final stage.

On a different subject, I have 2 orders of goodies on the way home YAY! maybe I don't need them but lord, how do I "need" them XD Now I'm in a quest to find a place in Spain that sells Fabriano paper rolls, I assume there's no one around who knows about Spanish art shops that could provide them, right? I've only found them at Artifolk but they don't sell them out of the UK, my chances of finding it here are close to zero I guess.... maybe I should take that as a signal from the painting gods to stop purchasing things that I don't really need at the end of the month, maybe.

Links to the whole of the WIP: step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4, step 5, step 6, step 7, step 8, step 9, step 10, step 11, step 12, step 13, step 14

No comments: