May 6, 2009

War of Opaques begins

It's decided, the first attempt for may's study of opaques will be Ernie taking a bath with his beloved rubber duck, it seemed mandatory to do such a classic, and looks like a good choice to test some of the opaques I have and make them work together with transparents, the hard thing for me will be to use them trying to get advantage of their characteristics as opaques instead of dilute them to use them as any other transparent color.

I've done a couple of quick sketches and decided on the composition of the image already, yes, it's pretty rough and it's as elaborated as it's going to be, I don't feel like spending more time with the line work.





Links to the whole WIP: step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

I love this sketch, Teresa! It's going to be great :)