May 10, 2009

Ernie done, foam to go

I'm at that point where I wish I shouldn't have to paint that foam, maybe I could say it's a modernist approach and let that plain white shape there instead? hehehe I don't think so.

Other than that Ernie is done and rubber ducky too, plus I worked on the background adding a couple of layers of manganese blue nova and cobalt violet and am liking it better now. can't decide if it's done or not but I won't be touching it until I've worked on the foam, how on earth do you paint bubble bath?



My favourite moment so far has been adding the lamp black on his hair, I love black! at first I thought about working on it to add some volume but I kind of like it right now.

Links to the whole WIP: step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I love this! Rubber ducky, you're the one; you make bathtime so much fun; rubber ducky you're the only one for me :)
I remember an artist who painted her feet in the tub full of bubbles - if I can find it, I'll send it to you to show how she did it - I just remember lots of rainbow colors...

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Brilliant minds think alike Rhonda, I was going to call this Rubber ducky joy of joys, when I squeeze you you make noise, what's with sesame street songs? lol
Thanks for the example of bubbles, I guess I'll need my masking fluid and just jump in that foam! *fingers crossed*