May 21, 2009

Lunch with daddy almost finished

I've almost finished this one, will try to call it done tomorrow morning and hopefully be able to scan it, it's too big to scan it in less than 4 sections, hmmm....

Anyway, I can't take a good photo now since it's past midnight but this is how it looked this morning, of course just a section of it, the center



It doesn't look like that anymore though, I reworked the greenery, background and bug after taking this photo, lots of raw sienna around now in a feeble attempt to unify it all, raw sienna is a color that works well almost 100% of the time, not sure if it's ok now but it is better than before IMO, at least all that green and blue doesn't look as part of a different universe now.

And this is a close up of the little kid, I've just realized minutes ago when I was resizing the image that I haven't put a cast shadow, baaaaaaaad, I'll try to fix it tomorrow or die trying.


Looking at this morning shots and at the current stage of the painting I already can tell I've gone too far accentuating the bug, I wanted to make it stand out and now I can't look at anything else, well, tomorrow will be the day to post it and analyze the overall.
Good night world.



Links to the whole WIP: step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4, step 5, step 6

No comments: