May 10, 2009

She got it!

I've just checked my emails before going to bed after a looooong fun but tiring day out and what a surprise! Michelle has already received the painting I sent her for this month's swap, that was fast for sure and I'm so glad she liked it, I've been admiring her florals for a long time so I was excited and afraid at the same time I guess.

This is what I sent



What I like about it is that it gave me the chance of playing around with so many different hues of blue since I never ever use it as the main character in my paintings, I loved the reference photo I used (by macdragon user at WetCanvas RIL) and even if it had more purplish hues I wanted to try it "bluer", don't know why. What I don't like about it is that I don't really know how to use so many blues combined, I'm not used to it, and I had a lot of trouble trying to get deep dark blues that wouldn't look dead, somehow I ended with those big splotches of thick blue paint at the dark dark areas that I don't really like, but other than that it's been fun to paint it and play.

Now all I have to do is wait for my own secret partner's painting to arrive, is it monday already???

6 comments:

Ann Buckner said...

Teresa, love this painting. I like the design especially, those shapes.

Michelle Himes said...

Thanks again for the beautiful iris, Teresa. I love it!

RH Carpenter said...

Beautiful painting, Teresa! You are too hard on yourself - I love the flow of this one, the depths you have in it, and the lightness of the beard/fuzzy center.

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Thanks Ann, the design is indeed one of the best things about the photo, you should try it! I can see it in your style already.

Michelle hi! good to have you around here, I'm so happy you liked it :)

Rhonda, it does look better on scrren than in real life, and better in a thumb than in a big side, there're just the few dark blues the ones that bother me, I did love to paint that center area :)

Deb Léger said...

Wow, Teresa! gorgeous iris!!!!!

Metal Fabrication Clovis said...

Hi nice reading your postt