This is how it looks now, the peach color has turned out to be more like a coral, but it's ok. Right now I'm working on reapplying a second layer of that coral because the first was so thin that soon got pretty overpowered by the green and yellow, it's taking me longer waiting for one color to dry before putting the other down instead of doing the whole base coat in one single layer as I did in the previous cards but, I don't want muted greyed colors so it's safer to apply the coral and the green in different layers.
Since there's not much to see yet I've included the swatch of colors I did to decide which ones I would use in this illustration, the Olive Green from Winsor&Newton is so different from the Daniel Smith one that it's scary lol.
And this is a shot of the previous step, before the second layer of coral, it was really light, but not anymore, I want BOLD in this series of illustrations for the cards, boldBOLDBOLD!
Links to the whole WIP: Step 1 (rough), Step 2, Step 3, Step 4, Step 5, Step 6.
7 hours ago