November 18, 2009

Olive green, never again?

I'm calling this almost finished, tomorrow morning will be done.

Olive Green has reminded me why I never use it anymore, beautiful color, nasty pigment for me. I tried to use it for the dark green areas and it didn't flow and granulated badly and then lifted by just looking at it and in the end I just decided to remove it, lay again the base of spring green and yellow in those areas and then replace it with sap green, much MUCH better.

It hasn't been hard but it did take time redoing things and delayed me quite a bit, this card should be finished already. But now that the background is finished and the candy already shaped the rest will flow tomorrow morning for sure.

Links to the whole WIP: Step 1 (rough), Step 2, Step 3, Step 4, Step 5, Step 6.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Pues te ha quedado un fondo precioso, Teresa, incluso con el verde oliva. Veo un buen trabajo en estas postales y una bonita y original serie.
Saludos!!

Deb Léger said...

Teresa, I think this is beautiful! To look at those greens, I would never have guessed you had problems with them. They look great! I love your Christmas card series. You're inspiring me to do some.

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Muchas gracias Carmen, hacer esta serie ha sido estupendo, y a pesar del verde oliva (al que no perdonaré el sustito que me ha dado) esta última ilustración se ha portado bastante bien conmigo :).

Thanks Deb! Olive green, gave me a fright but you know how it is: breathe, lift paint, reapply paint, fixed; if I had taken a photo of the mixed up area I'd post it but I was too frustrated to even think of the camera lol. Yes please do some cards, can't wait to see them :D