I just read at Rhonda's blog that Suzanne McDermott has started a challenge to increase the awareness on the Gulf of Mexico disaster caused by the oil spill.
As soon as I read about it I decided to join in, it's not the first time we see the horrid consequences that oil can cause to the sea life and wildlife of the area in general, and sadly it's probable that's not the last time too, so what a better way to share the concern and increase the awareness than joining in such a challenge.
We may not be able to go and help remove the oil, nor giving loads of money or help to take care of the affected animals ourselves but if you're willing to raise a bit more the consciousness about the current situation of the Gulf of Mexico why not put some time and creativity to the task.
Check out Suzanne's Spirit of the Gulf Challenge for more info and join in if you like; collage, paint, draw, sculpt, write, make a video, knit, whatever you prefer, there's no limit.
Here's the description of the challenge:
• Find a photo or other resource depicting some living aspect of the Gulf of Mexico before the oil disaster or
• Tap into your spirit and use your imagination
• Make a drawing, painting or other piece of creative work with love and gratitude for the beautiful life of whatever you're depicting.
• Post what you make on your website, include a link to this post: Spirit of the Gulf Challenge (http://www.suzannemcdermott.com/2010/06/spirit-of-gulf-challenge.html) and put the icon below in your sidebar with a link to this post.
• Now there's a Spirit of the Gulf facebook group. You can link to your work there! (If you're not on facebook just email me your link and I'll post it.)
• Invite 5 of your friends or favorite artists to accept this challenge, include a link to this post, copy this description of the challenge and the icon below for their sidebar.
• Please let me know if you post a response to this challenge on your blog. I'd like to keep track so we can organize the results. Maybe a group blog...
7 hours ago