August 10, 2009

Quickies

Months ago, during a stressing couple of weeks at work, my friend Angeles started to send to my cell a photo a day of a stuffed monkey named Cholo, everyday he was doing a different thing and she accompanied the photo with a description of "his day", Cholo's daily agenda put a smile on my face every time I got one of those messages and I decided someday I'd paint some of those.

This morning Angeles was really sick and I went to make her company, I didn't want to disturb her so I thought it was a good moment to make some sketches of Cholo's anathomy, yes, I've never done it properly with the human body yet here I am doing it for a stuffed doll, what can I say. It was due time though, I've been delaying it but I think it's a good moment now, while I prepare the next lantern painting carefully these Cholo pics will take the pressure off my shoulders, right?

So here are some head quickies, some hands and some feet.







Sweetheart get well soon!

No comments: