December 6, 2009

Three wise owls?

I've been thinking about the 3 wise monkeys lately, in japanese it's said "don't see, don't hear, don't speak", in english it's adapted to see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. And I've kept wondering why us, awesome westerns, haven't adapted the imagery entirely, owls are traditionally symbols of wisdom here, right? so why not adapting it to the three wise owls? well, keep thinking, after a quick doodle playing with that idea it's almost obvious why not...



I better let it rest for a while so the ink can settle a bit more before throwing water all over the place.

4 comments:

irinapictures said...

Funny. Very big eyes, catch all the attention.

Unknown said...

Tan pocos trazos y tanta expresibidad. Tus habilidades me abruman a veces. ;-)

Balaji Venugopal said...

A popular version has 4 monkeys - The first three conform to the old version and are labelled hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil. The fourth, wears a very sad expression and is lablelled "Have no Fun".
Balaji :-)

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Irina, you should see the colored version, I think I've gone way too far lol.

Vitin adivina que hice ayer, dos pruebas de grabación de video! ten mucho miedo...

ROFLMAO now I have to see is Balaji lololol